The development technology of display industry becomes more and more developed with time, and TFT-LCD has been known as the mainstream in the display field, so its growth must be inseparable from its advantages, TFT (Thin Film Transistor) namely thin film field effect transistor. A thin-film transistor means that every liquid crystal pixel point on a liquid crystal display is driven by a thin-film transistor integrated behind it. Thus can achieve high speed, high brightness, high contrast display screen information. What are the advantages of TFT-LCD?
(1) The application range is wide, which can be used normally within the temperature range from-20℃ to + 50℃. The low-temperature working temperature of TFT-LCD with temperature reinforcement treatment can reach minus 80℃. It can be displayed as a mobile terminal, desktop terminal, and large screen projection TV. It is a full-size video display terminal with excellent performance.
(2) Good use characteristics: low-voltage application, low drive voltage, solid use safety and reliability improved; flat, thin and thin, save a lot of raw materials and use space; low power consumption is about one tenth of CRT display, reflective TFT-LCD is only about 1% of CRT, saving a lot of energy; TFT-LCD products are lots of features, flexible use, easy maintenance, upgrade and long service life. The display range covers the application range of all displays in the range from 1 inch to 40 inches, and is a full-size display terminal; display quality from the most simple monochromatic character graphics to high resolution, high color fidelity, high brightness, high contrast, high response speed of video displays; display is direct, projection, perspective, and reflective.
(3) Good environmental protection characteristics: no radiation, no flicker, no damage to the user’s health. In particular, the emergence of TFT-LCD electronic books and periodicals will bring human beings into the era of paperless office and paperless printing, and trigger the revolution of human learning, dissemination and civilization.
(4) TFT-LCD is easy to integrate and update, which is a perfect combination of large-scale semiconductor integrated circuit technology and light source technology, and has great potential for continued development. At present, there are amorphous, polycrystalline and monocrystalline silicon TFT-LCD, and there will be other materials of TFT in the future, both glass substrate and plastic substrate.
(5) High degree of automation of manufacturing technology, and good characteristics of large-scale industrial production. The TFT-LCD industry technology is mature, and the yield rate of mass production reaches more than 90%.
Post time: Mar-01-2023